Techno Automotives was established by owner Richard in 1990, specialising in car & 4WD servicing and repairs. We have recently expanded our services to include European model cars.
At Techno Automotives we carry out log book servicing, car service, exhausts, brakes, suspension, 4WD upgrades and more. Both private and fleet work is welcome. We are fully licensed and are members of the IAME (Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers).
About Richard - Owner & Manager
Richard has 40 years of automotive experience. He began his automotive career at age 16, and after completing his apprenticeship, gained a wide range of experience in the automotive industry over the next 8 years.
In 1990, Richard established Techno Automotives on South Street, Rydalmere. In this time he has continued to update his qualifications in the areas of business and auto repairs.
Richard’s children Jake, Tahlia and Nathan, keep him busy when he is not at work.
In addition, he enjoys four-wheel driving with the Triple Diamond Four Wheel Drive Club, & Macarthur 4Wd club, running with the Sydney Striders, and attending the gym.
Open and approachable, Richard will always greet you happily when you come into Techno Automotives for your car services.
Richard’s qualifications and courses include:
IAME (Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers)
- Associate Member of the Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers
- Running a successful business
- Electronic fuel injection tips and remedies
- Oscilloscope & waveform interpretations
- Accreditation as Proprietor/Examiner
- Advanced electronic fuel injection
- Electronic ignition system
- Workshop management
- On-board diagnostics (OBD II) – Scan tool technology
- Mitsubishi/Hyundai engine management systems
- Diagnosing electronic controlled automatic transmission
- Theft deterrent systems operation and test procedures
- Safety restraint systems diagnostics and repairs
- Engine management systems
- Engine analyser interpretation and diagnosis
Macquarie Business Training Centre
- Getting the best from your people
- Typing on computers
- Business Psychology
- Book-keeping course
Department of Technical and Further Education
- Automotive Mechanics Trade Course (Light vehicles strand)